What better way to show the world that you are in love than by the respond of giving and receiving a diamond engagement ring? With many superstars and other famous women sporting bigger and sparklier diamonds rings, celebrity engagements have become a delight for the diamond jewelry lover. The size of the diamond is not necessarily the key about what makes some of these rings so famous and recognizable, fairly it seems to be a combination of the diamond engagement ring itself and the well-known lady it is associated with.
The history of diamond engagement engagement rings
Maximillan I of Austria gave the first diamond engagement ring on record to Mary of Burgundy in 1477. He had the ring commissioned to unite their couple of houses and make their marriage a unifying symbol to your country.
The smallest diamond engagement ring ever made was given to Camping Mary who was married by proxy to the Dauphin for France in the year 1518. Princess Mary was two years ancient at the time.
Throughout history diamond engagement rings have become larger sized, more elaborate, and have included a wide variety of other jewels and even metals. Diamond engagement rings settings can be made of metallic, platinum, white or yellow gold or a mixture of these elements.
Widely known ladies and their engagement rings
Celebrities and other famous people change the look and style of many aspects in fashion and also set traits. Diamond engagement rings are no exception to this rule. The following is a partial list of the famous ladies and their equally renowned engagement rings:
- Queen Elizabeth II received an engagement ring from Prince Phillip that was made from diamonds from her mother’s tiara.
- Grace Kelly was given a 12 carat emerald-cut diamond engagement ring from Prince Rainier.
- Lady Centro was engaged with a ring made of an 18 karat blue oval sapphire that was circled by fourteen precious stones.
- Elizabeth Taylor was engaged to her third groom, Michael Todd, with an emerald cut diamond that weighed almost 30 carats. However , she is more known for their other pieces of jewelry, one more striking than the other: the 39 carat Krupp diamond, the 69. 42 carat pear-shaped Taylor-Burton diamond and the 17th century heart-shaped Taj Mahal diamond.
- Priscilla was engaged to Elvis with a 2. 5 carat diamond engagement ring that was circled by a further 21 smaller diamonds and diamond chips.
- Sharon Gem was given a three diamond, 3 1/2 carat emerald-cut precious stone engagement ring by Phil Bronstien.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ promise towards Michael Douglas was finalized with a 10 carat old-fashioned marquise diamond estimated at amost $2 million.
- Mary Collins got a heart-shaped diamond ring in a nineteenth-century preparing from husband Percy Gibson.
- Pop stars:
- Madonna attained from Guy Ritchie an antique Edwardian three-stone diamond ring that has a decorative platinum band. The Neil Lane ring was initially supposed to represent their family: mother, father and toddler Rocco.
- In the case of Toni Braxton, drummer Keri Lewis designed a stunning 4. 5 three-stone diamond ring with an oval-shaped hub stone and 2 heart-shaped diamonds on the sides.
- Paris, france , Hilton, even though not a pop star but a stella anyway, received 2 diamond engagement rings from billionaire Paris Latsis, a $5 million 24 carat canary diamond ring and a $2. 1 million 15 carat light diamond ring.
- Britney Spears has two engagement rings at the same time: one that she bought for herself before the wedding, a good $40, 000 4 carat cushion-cut diamond ring with a platinum eagle pave setting, and one that she received 9 4 weeks after the marriage from husband Kevin Federline.
- Christina Aguilera became engaged to Jordan Bratman after he brought to you a $54, 000 20-carat diamond engagement ring designed by dealer Stephen Webster.
- Whitney Houston sports a stunning 4 carat weight oval-shaped center stone with trillions on the sides which inturn she received from Bobby Brown.
- Replica diamond diamond rings
- Of course there is the very famous pink diamond ring the fact that Ben Affleck gave to Jennifer Lopez. This 4 carat radiant shaped pink diamond quickly caught the interest of the public and has become a highly sought after replica. It happens to be completed with a platinum band as well as three baguette white colored diamonds on each side. The pink diamond engagement ring is certainly reported to have been purchased for $1. 2 million dollars in 2002. The ring, while easily identified is very feminine and modern looking.
Replicas of the well known pink diamond ring are now available for a moderate price. The fee for the replicas depends on the quality of the stones and the substances used in reproducing the pink diamond engagement ring.
Some utilizing the same are styled as more antique diamond engagement happens to be. These rings have an everlasting quality and symbolize norm and heritage. The recent engagement of Camilla Parker Bowles in February of 2005 featured such an collectible engagement ring. The platinum ring has an emerald-cut center stone with three diamond baguettes on each side. This jewelry originally belonged to the Queen Mother and is believed to be respected at over $1 million.
Since few people can afford the item, there will always be a market for replicas of these exceptional diamond engagement rings. The quality of the replicas varies, when does the price. It is important to note that the styles of diamond bridal rings that are popular with celebrities will soon become the styles that will be sought after by the not quite so rich and famous.